Roulston’s Pharmacy AODA Multi-Year Plan
Roulston’s Discount Drugs, Limited, operating as Roulston’s Pharmacy, is committed to
eliminating barriers and improving accessibility for persons with disabilities in a manner that
respects dignity, independence, integration, and equal opportunity.
Roulston’s Pharmacy recognizes the diverse needs of all our customers and staff and will respond
by striving to provide services and facilities that are accessible to all.
Roulston’s Pharmacy strives to meet the needs of its employees and customers with
disabilities and is working hard to remove and prevent barriers to accessibility.
Roulston’s Pharmacy is committed to fulfilling our requirements under the Accessibility for
Ontarians with Disabilities Act, 2005.
This accessibility plan outlines the steps we are taking to meet those requirements and to
improve opportunities for people with disabilities.
Our plan shows how we will play our role in making Ontario an accessible province for all
The plan is reviewed and updated at least once every 5 years.
Roulston’s Pharmacy has completed the following accessibility initiatives as follows:
- Goods or services are provided in a manner that respects the dignity and independence
of persons with disabilities.
- The provision of goods or services to persons with disabilities, and others, is integrated
unless an alternate measure is necessary, whether temporarily or on a permanent basis,
to enable a person with a disability to obtain, use or benefit from the goods or services.
- Persons with disabilities are given an opportunity equal to that given to others to
obtain, use and benefit from the goods or services.
- Persons with disabilities may use assistive devices and/or support persons in the access
of goods and services.
- Persons with disabilities and their service animals are accommodated in all aspects of
service provision unless the animal is otherwise excluded by law.
- Roulston’s Pharmacy’s employees, when communicating with a person with a disability,
will do so in a manner that considers the person’s disability.
Information and Communication
Roulston’s Pharmacy is committed to making our information and communications accessible
to people with disabilities. We offer accessible communications on our website, through
social media, and in store.
- September 2022 to January 2023 – We have upgraded our website to include a plug in
that allows for the website to be accessible by everyone. Any further website, and social
media posts, will have the information and communication standard in mind.
- 2023 – Our website has been designed to be user friendly for people with a range of
needs. Our website also provides a feature that allows users to change the size of text
they see online to suit their preference.
- 2010-2022 – A feedback process has been established that is accessible, alternate
formats are also available such as telephone, mail, and in-person. These processes have
been communicated to the public and are available on our website.
- 2023 – The new website will have the feedback form added to the site.
Roulston’s Pharmacy is committed to providing training in the requirements of Ontario’s
accessibility laws and the Ontario Human Rights Code as it applies to people with disabilities.
Roulston’s Pharmacy is committed to fair and accessible employment practices.
- 2010 to present. 2018 online format introduced. – All new employees of Roulston’s
receive AODA training at the time of hire. This is done online, through McKesson
Retail Learning Academy and a certificate of completion is given to HR upon
completion of the training program. These certificates are kept in the employees’
personnel files in the HR office at our head office, located at 17 Norfolk Street, South,
in Simcoe, Ontario.
- 2018 – We continue to train all new hires on AODA and accessible customer service.
This training was first done, in person, in 2010. Each employee that was employed at
Roulston’s received the customer service standard training. All new hires met with the
trainer, in designated groups. Attendance was taken and kept by Human Resources.
- 2015 – Accommodation is available for applicants with disabilities in recruitment
material, and with regards to interviews and assessments
- 2018 – When making offers of employment, we notify successful applicant of policies
for accommodating employees with disabilities.
- 2018 – We inform employees of policies supporting employees with disabilities.
Provide this information to new employees as soon as practicable after hiring.
- Ongoing – Provide updated information on accommodations policies to employees
when changes occur. 2019- Ability to request outside medical evaluation to determine
if accommodation can be achieved and how.
- 2020 – The means of providing Individual Accommodation Plans in a format that
considers the needs of the employee.
- 2021 – We added a line in all offer letters that states, “. If you require any
accommodation(s) to perform the essential functions of your new position, please
contact the Human Resources department. Human Resources will hold any
information you provide in confidence.”.
Return to Work
- 2018 – Roulston’s Pharmacy is committed to developing and putting in place a process
for developing individual accommodation plans and return-to-work policies for
employees that have been absent due to a disability. Roulston’s Pharmacy has
developed and maintained a return-to-work process for our employees who have
been absent from work due to a disability and require disability related
accommodations to return to work.
Design of Public Spaces
- 2019 – 2022 – expansion of Port Dover space to widen the aisles, all departments have
accessible counters, Type A and B Accessible Parking spaces with accessible signage,
accessible washroom, fixed queuing guides for long line ups, and accessible waiting
area for the dispensary/pharmacy.
- 2023 – Expansion of our Delhi Roulston’s at 123 King Street in Delhi, Ontario.
Timeframe for construction to commence is 2023. We are in the planning stages, so
we do not have an anticipated start date.
- Roulston’s Pharmacy will establish plans to meet the Accessibility Standards for the
Design of Public Spaces when building or making major modifications to public spaces,
specifically, the expansion of our Delhi Roulston’s in 2023. Roulston’s Pharmacy will
take appropriate measures to prevent service disruptions to its accessible parts of its
public spaces. In the event of a service disruption, we will notify the public of the
service disruptions and alternatives available. This will be posted on the store front, in
all 4 locations, online on our website, and on our social media pages.
- Transportation is not available to the public at Roulston’s.
For more information on this accessibility plan, please contact:
17 Norfolk Street, South
Simcoe, ON N3Y 2V8
Phone: 519-426-1731 ext. 143
Standard and accessible formats of this document are available free upon request.